Marble countertops are liked by people because of their beauty, ease of use, and many other advantages. But no matter what kind of decoration material is not possible, so the marble also has certain disadvantages. So we need to understand the advantages and disadvantages of marble countertops when using marble countertops, but also how to identify marble countertops is also to pay more attention so that the time of purchase will not be confused.
1. The Advantages of Marble Countertops
- High hardness, no deformation natural marble is formed naturally after a long period of time, so the organization structure above the more natural uniform, and the coefficient of linear expansion is very small, with almost no internal stress, so its hardness is extremely high, in the use of the process is basically not deformed.
- Corrosion resistance, not afraid of acid natural marble countertops’ own tissue structure uniform wireless expansion, so it is not easy to be eroded by acid and alkali liquid, and the use of oil to improve the smoothness, maintenance is quite simple and convenient.
- Strong wear resistance, high temperature because the marble material hardness is relatively high, and rigidity is very good, so naturally its wear resistance is also relatively strong. Not only that, but its high-temperature resistance is also very good, not prevented by constant temperature conditions, and will not be subject to temperature changes also deformation, at room temperature can also maintain its original physical properties, and long service life.
- The physical stability of the natural marble organization structure is dense and uniform, even in the case of external impact, grain off, it will not be burr, and surface accuracy will not be affected. Because of the physical stability of the material, it can ensure that long-term use will not be deformed, and anti-rust, anti-magnetic, insulation.
- Not magnetized natural marble material no matter how long after the use the situation will not appear magnetized, have smooth movement, will not have a sense of stagnation, not be affected by moisture, the plane weighs good.
2. The Disadvantages of Marble Countertops
- Easy to break although natural marble by virtue of its own natural form of material and has many unique characteristics, everything has its drawbacks, For the natural formation of marble, once there is a fine loose crack, then the place is easy to break.
- Difficult to clean the world stone are porous material structure, even if the natural formation of natural marble is no exception. Once in the production, transportation, or construction process, there is sewage or dirt infiltration into the stone interior, easy to cause a rupture, and it is difficult to clean.
3. How to Identify The Marble Countertop
- See, through the naked eye to observe the surface structure of the stone. The Uniform fine material structure of the stone has a fine texture, for the stone of the good, coarse grains and unequal grain structure of the stone its appearance is poor.
- The amount, that is, the amount of marble stone size specifications. In order to avoid affecting the splicing, or causing the splicing pattern, pattern, line deformation, affect the decorative effect.
- Listen, that is, listen to the knocking sound of the stone. Good quality stone its knocking sound crisp and pleasant; on the contrary, if there is a slight crack inside the stone or weathering leads to contact between the particles becoming loose, the knocking sound coarse and dumb.
- Test, with the test method to test the quality of stone good or bad. Usually drop on the back of the stone grain of ink, such as ink quickly scattered around to leach, indicates that the stone’s internal particles lose or the existence of gaps, and the stone quality is not good; conversely, if the ink drops in place, it means that the marble stone texture is good.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of marble countertops, which are often encountered in people’s lives, generally speaking, as long as people use marble countertops, will want to know its advantages and disadvantages, so in ordinary life with our need to know more about the advantages and disadvantages of marble countertops, so that the user will also be more at ease? However, the quality of marble countertops is difficult to distinguish, we only know more about how to identify marble countertops, so that when buying and selling we are able to better distinguish a good marble countertop.